Before You Go! :: Honeymoon and Destination Wedding Passport Travel Tips
Since 9/11, it’s common knowledge that passports are required for travel outside of the United States and US territories (Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands). It’s safe to say that applying for and obtaining a passport for your international honeymoon and destination wedding is common knowledge. Once you obtain your passport, you’re ready to go. Right? Well, not exactly! Presuming there aren’t VISA requirements for entry at your destination, there are a number of steps we suggest you take prior to your departure.
Prepare for the possibility of a lost or stolen passport while traveling internationally!
- High resolution scan your passport identification page.
- Save a digital copy of your travel itinerary
- Email a copy of your passport and itinerary to yourself and a family member.
- Make three (3) copies of your passport and four (4) copies of your travel itinerary. Give a passport and travel itinerary copy to a different family member and leave a copy of both in a common area of your home. lebanon . https://preciousnuptials.com/blog/2013/01/24/honeymoon-and-destination-wedding-passport-travel-tips/A copy of your itinerary should be kept with your travel documents and the final travel itinerary and passport copy should be packed into your carry on.
- Know the location of your nearest United States consulate or embassy office at your international destination. You can find these details here and here.
- Register your travels. You can do this here.
- Be familiar with the process, should you be faced with this situation. You can read about it here.
- Finally, keep your passport away from your cash and credit cards while traveling.
Be a prepared traveler. Be a smart traveler. Have a blast!