Red, White, and “I Do!”, 4th of July Wedding Theme
Well, it’s that time of the season again – the Fourth of July, the most important holiday in American history, is right around the corner! Families and friends gather together, delicious food is passed around the table, and colorful fireworks light the night sky. It’s the day America was born, but it could be your wedding day, too. Combine the festivities for an unbeatable celebration.
The key is to make sure you’re staying true to a wedding celebration, and less like a backyard barbecue. It’s easy to blur the lines, especially because the holiday is typically a more casual occasion. Use these tips to have your guest seeing stars and stripes, and endlessly thanking you for the best 4th of July they’ve ever attended.
- Schedule your ceremony for the late afternoon or early evening so that your reception will carry on into the night, which is the PERFECT time for fireworks
- Try to find a venue with a view, maybe the city or a lake, so that your guests will enjoy a stunning firework display whether they’re inside or outside
- Can’t do fireworks? Have your guests hold sparklers during the send off to make for a great alternative with less clean up
- Use all red florals, all white florals, or a mixture of both in the bouquet, the cake, the tablescape, and even on the light fixtures
- For an elegant touch, use creamy whites and deeper shades of reds and blues, such as burgundy or navy blue.
Food and Drinks:
- Mix things up with patriotic cocktails! Have your bartender serve beverages with a red base, and adorn them with striped or starred accents
- This may not be your neighbor’s cookout, but you can always pull some inspiration for the hors d’oeuvres at your event! Pass around bite size sausages, or little brisket grilled cheese sandwiches. A little twist on the classics can really take them a step up!
- Add themed accessories to the entire bridal party’s wardrobe, whether that be your heels, the bridesmaids’ and flower girl’s hair accessories, or even the groomsmen socks!
- Wedding favors are a super easy way to showcase you and your significant other’s personality. Order mini mason jars you can fill with goodies for the guests to grab during the reception.
Now that you’ve got all the tips, it’s time to let the sparks fly. Tell us how you repped the USA on your big day!