Are you ready for your vacation?
- Print extra copies of your travel documents and passport.
- Put one copy of each set of documents in all of your baggage.
- Leave a copy of your passport, travel documents and contact details while away.
- In case of lost or delayed luggage, pack a change of clothing and necessities in your carryon.
- Register your trip details with the Embassy.
- Know your nearest Embassy in the country of your travel.
- Emergency Contact Information
- If you have an emergency concerning a U.S. citizen such as death, arrest, hospitalization or the welfare and whereabouts, please call 809-221-2171. When the prompts ask you to enter the extension, enter 0 and tell the operator you have an emergency. For all other information about U.S. Citizen Services, please consult our Web page. For specific inquiries please e-mail us at SDOAmericans@state.gov.
- If you plan on using credit or debit cards on your travels, notify your financial institutions to suspended card(s) due to suspected fraud activity.
- Plan to carry small amounts of cash in concealed location(s)
- Don’t forget to have cash for the $10 tourist card entry fee and the $20 departure tax exit fee.
- Know the conversion rate before you go (current rate is 1Dominican Peso to $.02USD).
- Research events and activities you’re interested in attending and book them now (we can assist if needed).
- Download any travel apps or guidebooks before you leave.
- Travel outlet adapters are not necessary for DR travel.
- Even if the sun doesn’t seem hot and the clouds are out, wear sun block!